The mission of the River Center is to foster natural resource stewardship and promote the sustainability of the local community.
Our programs provide valuable services to the community.
- Visitor, interpretive and resource center.
- Special events.
- Field trips, tours.
- Native Fishes Stewardship.
- Watershed assessment and management information.
- Hands-on programs for children.
- The Pit River Watershed Adoption Project.
- Curriculum development and assistance for educators.
- Community education and outreach.
- River Center Science in the Classroom.
- Natural Resources Summer Camp.
Board of Directors
Bill Valena, President
The River Center is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
The River Center is a project sponsored by the Central Modoc Resource Conservation District in cooperation with the Modoc County Office of Education.